Re: Problems regarding a CD vendor

Hi there, people. I'm Cyrano, Felipe helped me translating a message I
sent about problems with a cd vendor here in Brazil. The whole story
is in the original message, copied below. I said that, if I didn't get
any positive answers from the vendor this week, I would send to the
lists a confirmation of the problems I was affraid that would happen
for real.

Well, they did. I payed for 14 cds of the whole Debian stable 3.1
repository, and the guy (Allan Taborda dos Santos, first in the
brazilian vendors list) sent me later a digitalized image of the
recipe, proving that he posted the cds on feb 12. I complained with
the mail service, then, and the company answered me that the object
wasn't received in their distribution unit. This means that, somehow,
the product doesn't exist for the mail service. And I never had
problems with them before, so I trust the mail company more than I
trust Allan Taborda.

So I'm here to confirm that Allan is not trustable, and that you
should point this fact, somehow, in the vendor's list. I don't know if
it would be better to just erase him from the vendor's list, or insert
an observation telling that a user had, recently, problems with this
vendor. I leave the decision for you.

Here I go again, trying someone else to sell me the cds. :/

thanks for your attention and help. Debian rules. :)

Cyrano

	Cyrano is complaining that he bought 14 CDs of Debian 3.1
(stable) from Allan Taborda (a listed CD vendor) on the week of
February 12th, 2007. Cyrano explains that he had paid in advance
and Allan sent a tracking code that doesn't work. Cyrano also
pointed that he contacted Allan and got a reply telling that
everybody always got the CDs and that Allan would not take
responsability of any mistakes.

	Considering that, Cyrano thinks that Allan didn't sent
anything to him and is waiting the CDs this week. If he didn't
got it he will contact debian-cd once again to confirm the problem
and to request the removal of Allan from our CD vendor list. Cyrano
also commented that he thinks the best would be replace Allan's
name with a note recommending to not buy from him.

	I already pointed to Cyrano that both debian-cd and
debian-www are english maillist and if he need any help he
can contact debian-l10n-portuguese.

	Kind regards,

- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)