Re: Linux Cookbook page

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 07:53:14PM -0600, Billy Wayne McCann wrote:

> I was hoping to acquire this Linux Cookbook, but all of the North
> American download links get 404-page_not_found errors.
> I can probably find the cookbook elsewhere, but I thought you all
> should know that all of those links are dead.   Here's the page to
> which I'm referring.

Dear Billy,

The linuxcookbook package is present only in oldstable (woody).

package.debian.org considers oldstable is still available on mirrors
while it has been moved to archive.debian.org :
http://archive.debian.org/pool/main/l/linuxcookbook/

To the list: is there a way to specify a different set of mirrors for
oldstable ?

PS:
this mail is a copy of http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/01/msg00138.html :-)
please avoid HTML emails on debian mailing lists

Regards,

--
Simon Paillard