Re: "People who installed X also have packages Y, Z and T installed"

On Thursday 01 March 2007 00:22, Enrico Zini wrote:
> I started building the dataset to do just that:
>   http://people.debian.org/~enrico/Suggestions.gz

Although I think the idea is nice, I don't think the current data is all
that usable. Some examples of "links" that IMO are completely useless in
practice, just from the top of the file and not even complete for the
selected packages:
3dchess: kworldclock
3ddesktop: module-assistant, devscripts
915resolution: linux-image-2.6.18-3-686
9base: xserver-xephyr, libxml2-dev

IMO some heavy filtering needs to be done for this data to be anything
more than a toy and publishable.

Cheers,
FJP