Re: HTTP 404 Errors for a few PDF Documents

Hi Kevin,

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 01:23:58PM -0600, Kevin Monceaux wrote:
> Debian Webmaster(s),
>
> I'm considering switching to Debian and am trying to browse through the
> impressive amount of documentation available.  One thing that I'm pleased to
> see is that much of it's documentation appears to be available in PDF
> format.  Even when browsing online I prefer documentation that at least
> looks like a book.  For a few of the PDF documents listed on the Debian
> website I'm getting HTTP 404 errors.  They are:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.pdf
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/quick-reference/quick-reference.en.pdf
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/developers-reference.en.pdf

oops, this should not happen. According to the build log
(http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/ddp/make.log) it fails to build
with the old debiandoc-sgml packages on the build host.

You can use the files from http://qref.sourceforge.net/ instead, they
are maybe also a few days more current.

Osamu, updating bin/debiandoc2* tools should fix it. I will try it this
evening.

Jens