Re: Aural CSS

Hi,

On Saturday 21 January 2006 18:59, Jutta Wrage wrote:
> I am thinking about introducing aural CSS at the Debian website. Now
> as far as I know, only EmacsSpeak does support aural CSS.

As I had to look it up anyway, here is a quote from
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/aural.html

"The aural rendering of a document, already commonly used by the blind and
print-impaired communities, combines speech synthesis and "auditory icons."
Often such aural presentation occurs by converting the document to plain text
and feeding this to a screen reader -- software or hardware that simply reads
all the characters on the screen. This results in less effective presentation
than would be the case if the document structure were retained. Style sheet
properties for aural presentation may be used together with visual properties
(mixed media) or as an aural alternative to visual presentation."

regards,
	Holger