Phishing virus through your sponsor

I was testing the new release of Xandros Desktop Professional, and in
doing so visited the Debian project site from Xandros' Firefox
bookmarks. Thinking it looked interesting, I clicked on the XS4ALL icon
in the bottom of your navigation bar.

In testing the virus scan utility included in Xandros, something called
HTML.Phishing.Gold was found in my Firefox cache and marked for
quarantine. I took a quick look through the ClamAV database and Google
to see what it was about, and saw that this seems to be a recent (within
the past 3 weeks) problem and may elicit an unusually large number of
false positives.

Since the only sites I went to are xandros.com, debian.org, and
xs4all.nl, it has to be one of these sites that produced the error. You
may want to check your own site and contact this sponsor and try to
determine if it's a false positive (and if so, how to fix it so that
people don't get scared by the virus warning) or if they're doing
something nasty.

--
Jem Matzan
Editor In Chief, The Jem Report