Re: Order of countries in http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/ ?

* Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> [2006-11-23 21:45] :
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 06:43:39PM +0100, Frédéric Bothamy wrote:
> > I wonder why the countries at the top of the page
> > http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/ are correctly sorted except for
> > Croatia.
>
> I tried to fix the order for German but now I'm confused what still need
> to be swapped :-) Instead of committing and checking the file 4 hours
> later I build it locally.
>
> Now I noticed again that all gettext related stuff is untranslated in my
> local build. I remember that I never got these translated in the past.
>
> I read english/po/README but it doesn't help:
>
> Q. It doesn't work, what happens?
> A. There may be several reasons, e.g.
>    * mp4h >= 1.3.0 must be installed in order to display translated strings,
>      make sure your version is recent enough
>
> Yep, it is.
>
>    * Your language must have been generated in /usr/lib/locale/<lang>/,
>      otherwise gettext seems unable to display localized strings :(
>
> /usr/lib/locale/ is not used, right? Do I need to copy .mo files into
> /usr/share/locale/de/? make install in po/ does not perform this step!
>
> I called strace to see what files are accessed by wml but no success ...

This is typical if you haven't installed the exact locale used for
translation (see .wmlrc in your language directory). For instance,
French .wmlrc uses fr_FR.ISO-8859-15 whereas my system uses fr_FR.UTF-8,
so I had to install the other locale to be able to generate completely
translated webpages.

Fred