Re: Re: New Debian Site

On 2006-11-13 11:38, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Mathieu Stumpf wrote:
> > I've worked on some new design for the debian website, tell me what you
think
> > about, which once you like the most (if any), what's good/bad, I'll take
the
> > best, and make a css with it.
>
> They look so totally different form the current form - they probably
> won't reach many seconds.
>
> I believ it would be more helpful to determine the parts on the
> current layout that need improvement and develop a better layout for
> these instead of overhauling the entire start page.

I'm not sure to understand what you mean, the website structure is realy well
designed, so it could really looks like this forms.
In fact I allready begin a css based on the #2, here you can see what the
debian website could looks like :
http://psychoslave.free.fr/debian/site/planche2/

The only thing I changed in the html code is the "debian" picture (not the
logo). You can check :)

Also I think that I did it well, you can use ctrl++, texts won't cross over
each others as it sometimes happens on some website.

> Also, please keep in mind that the start page is only one page and
> that there are several more pages with a quite different look.

Okay, I can work to make others pages works with others pages I think, if you
tell wich page you are talking about.

But first, do you like the current work I did?

It's not exactly the same as the picture I based my work on, but it's because
I didn't want to change the html so it could be realy easy to integrate. But
I realy think that a listbox to chose language instead of, or under the
server select would be a great idea. Or at least a link to the end of the
page.