Re: Fixing search.debian.org

[m-f-t debian-www]

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 09:33:03AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Don Armstrong:
> > Assuming there's a box available that can handle it, HyperEstraier is
> > pretty easy to set up and configure to do this sort of thing...
>
> According to what I've heard, it tries to fit the whole database into
> memory during index generation, so it's not suitable for indexing
> lists.debian.org.

Another possibility is mnoGoSearch, it can use UTF-8 as the encoding for
indexing. I am successfully using it to index a UTF-8 site. It can store
its data in an SQL database and it even has some sort of page rank
calculation (which, in my experience, does not work that well with a small
site).

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯