Dead links

(Please reply to debian-www; reply-to set accordingly.)

Hello,

We received a report in Debian about a dead link from our website to the
SPI donations page. Seems that that page was renamed, but in a rather
broken way:
- if you really want to rename the page to http://www.spi-inc.org/donate,
  then please also change the internal links on the page itself;
  the following links near the top of the page are currently broken:
  - "Donations of money"
  - "Donations of equipment or services"
  - "Donations through vendors"
- also please consider providing a compatibility link from the old URL
- but maybe just revert the rename altogether as there's not a huge
  difference between "donate" and "donations" anyway

The current section about donating money is also not very consistent:
- there is an extremely short into
- then an address where to send donations (without any real instructions;
  do you really expect cash to be sent to that address?)
- this is followed by "click and pledge"; it is absolutely not clear if
  this is a service targeted primarily at US donors or if it is also the
  method of choice for people from other contries
- then there is a para for Canadian donors
- then there finally is some general info about what will be done with any
  donated money, but you have to look really hard before you realize that
  this _is_ general information and does not only apply to Canadian donors
- finally there are two very short paras about donations in Europe and
  Italy

I would suggest to change the whole section as follows:
- section Donations of money
- intro
- explanation what will happen with the money and how to mark it for
  a specific project
- create a subsection "Donations via Click & Pledge"
- create a subsection "Donations by check"
  - explain that this is mostly targeted at US and Canadian donors
- create a subsection "Donations through foreign partners"

Please provide direct links to the proposed subsections so that we can
more easily direct potential European donors to the information relevant
for them [1].

While looking for a way to contact you I found another dead link on
http://www.spi-inc.org/contact: "an individual officer or board member"
links to http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/spi-board-of-directors, which
does not exist.

Cheers,
Frans Pop

[1] See this short discussion for reference:
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2006/07/msg00065.html