Re: Error on Debian Webpage

Cai Qian <caiqian@debian.org> wrote:
> > > (http://www.debian.org/News/2006/20060719), it said,
> > >
> > > I believe this sentence is questionable, because of "Tibet and China" is
> > > grammarly incorrect. Please correct it in the website.
>
> I don't understand how can this be correct? It is the same as "this is a place
> situated between Scotland and United Kingdom?

Ah!  It's a complaint of confused description, not a grammar
error!  Not knowing the region and having looked it up, I
think it would be better to describe the location using only
states(NUTS-1-like), rather than a mix of countries and states.
The neighbouring countries are fairly large, which would make
the description using them vague and less helpful.

Bhutan is a landlocked South Asian nation in the east Himalayas,
situated between Tibet, Sikkim, West Bengal, Assam and Arunachal
Pradesh, according to http://www.kingdomofbhutan.com/ and
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/print/bt.html

If no-one objects, I'll update the text to match that.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/