Re: In tags like <abbr>, which language code to use?

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 12:36:31AM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> 	In one of the translation I'm doing, I found:
>
> 	<abbr lang="en" title="original equipment manufacturer">OEM</abbr>
>

> 	Which language code should I use for Brazilian Portuguese?
>
> 	pt-br or pt_BR? Or just pt?

None of the above, except this is also a Portuguese abbreviation :-)
As far as I understand it, it should stay

<abbr lang="en" title="original equipment manufacturer">OEM</abbr>

since OEM is English. BTW it should be acronym, it's not an abbreviation!??
The language code could be used by speech synthesis software.

See http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/abbr.html for details.

Jens