Re: About CD vendor (was: Re: Debian CD Vendor (luatec))

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 08:18:43PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> 	BTW, Richard, usually you are the one doing CD Vendor adding, I
> know that other have been checking and pinging them and I have some old
> e-mails marked as TODO/TO-CHECK (on debian-www), they are old e-mail but
> I never saw a reply from you to debian-www (like "added"), is there any
> chance that you (or somebody else) had added the vendor but not replied?

Um - I think I sometimes added people in the past and forgot to reply to
the list. I usually wait a few weeks for a couple of requests to build up,
and then do the requests in one go.

It's possible that requests fall through the cracks from time to time - I
usually don't worry about that because IMHO someone who really wants to be
added will usually retry at least once. ;-/

Still got these on my TODO list: shopforlinux.co.uk, olysy.eu, luatec.com,
debian-linux.w.pl, possibly dittaferrara.it.

> <sidenote>
> 	Do you think is it worthwhile to have some small interface, so
> 	vendors can add themselves and we have system to check-approve-add
> 	more "automagically", like something integrated with perl/PHP, and
> 	we just ended up needing to commit to CVS?
> </sidenote>

Yes, that would be useful! Unfortunately, a bit of bureaucracy is usually
involved when you want to put some kind of script online on debian.org.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯