Re: Contact from Buenos Aires (Argentina)

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 03:55:01PM -0300, Sergio Damián Steinberg wrote:
> Hi:
> I am writing you because I am trying to contact you because I want a
> copy of Debian and a book ins spanish about debian (can be printed or
> PDF, doesn´t matter).
> On March 25 was Flisol 2006 and there the differents LUG´s of Latin
> America installed differnt kind of GNU/Linux and I asked for Debian
> Stable but I forget to ask for a copy and no one sell me a copy of
> Debian and I´d try to contact but nobady answer the phones and
> e-mails.

Debian can be downloaded from the Internet, or bought from a number of
CD vendors. For more information, go to http://www.debian.org/distrib/

I'm not very familiar with Spanish books about Debian, so I can't help
you there.

> And I need to know how to config LinuxWias on Debian because all the
> information that I get is for RedHat and Mandrake.

[LinuxWias appears to be a driver to connect to the Internet using
Velocom, an argentinian ISP]

LinuxWias apparently isn't packaged for Debian. The easies thing you can
do is to install the "alien" package, and convert the RPM to a Debian
package using "alien -c linuxwias*rpm" (once you have it downloaded);
after that, install it using "dpkg -i linuxwias*deb"

--
Fun will now commence