Re: Policy Translation

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) writes ("Policy Translation"):
> 	One of the translators from debian-l10n-portuguese, started
> the translation of Debian Policy to Brazilian Portuguese. Sometime
> ago, debian-l10n-portuguese adopted a QA process based on the work
> of other translation/localization teams.

I don't want to be discouraging, but are we sure that translating our
internal documents like the policy manual is a very good idea ?

The technical business of the project is carried out largely in
English, so the audience for the policy manual will have to be
reasonably familiar with English; that limits the target audience
rather.

Even the best possible translations can never be entirely 100%
identical in meaning, and often in practice translations contain
errors and are out of date.

Regards,
Ian.