Enquiry about Linux - Debian

Hello,

I am regular user of Windows. I come to know about linux from
my friend 4 years back i have installed different versions of linux
ie Redhat, Debian, FreeBSD, Hurd are few of my choice, now
i have decided to switch over to Linux ie Debian & Hurd . I want
a full fledged Linux System. My System's Configuration is as follows:-

P-II 400Mhz
256MB SDRAM
Creative ES 1370 Sound Card.
S3 Savage4 Graphics Card ( 32MB VRAM)
2 HDD  1) Primary Master - 13 GB Seagate HDD
             2) On IDE Card -    40GB Seagate HDD
Note:- My System does not recognise 40GB without IDE Card.

TV Tuner Card:- Intex TV Capture 7130 with FM.
I have a Broad Band Connection .

I used my machine for playing games but not very often, listening music daily
i used Winamp MP3 Player i want something like that in Linux too. Some
work  in Excel and Word . Checking Emails / Browsing Internet. Watching
TV / Listening FM. Need Some Good Photo Editing tool like Photoshop
An Acrobat Reader. Virus Scanner. Least but not last Security is the main Concern.

Regards,
Pritpal Singh.