Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by kreutzm: webwml/english/News/2000 20000728.wml

On Friday 29 July 2005 18:33, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Is this the proper way to fix 404 links? Then I'll do that in the
> future when discovering broken links.

I don't think that should be a general solution as the website will no
longer be maintained and thus the content will get outdated.
It should be decided on a case by case basis if the information on a
snapshot has any lasting value for users/readers.

I think it would be good to clearly indicate in the text that a link
refers to an archived site rather than a "life" site.

Cheers,
FJP