The Bit-Torent servers are so slow, just wondering why?

I'm trying to Download the 301r0a ISO's for the DVD's of Debian Linux for x86. It seems to downloading at dial up speed and I have a Cable Modem that can do better 768. It's no T1 but it's pretty dang fast. Why is the download taking so long? I'd rather D/L 2 DVD ISO's as opposed to 14 CD-R ISO's. Bit Torrent is estimating that it will take about 5 days to download the First ISO, I shudder to think about the Second one.

What can I do to speed up the Download Stream?

I'm not running anything in the background and my system is running a Athlon XP 3000 and a half a Gig of PC 2700 RAM.

Just asking a few questions here.

T H A N K Y O U

James R. McKenzie

jimmckenzie@earthlink.net