Re: Testing distribution ISOs via Bittorrent

Please ask on debian-cd not debian-www.

> torrent files at http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/weekly/torrents/i386/ ,
> but unfortunately I get a "connection refused" error when I try to
> connect to the tracker.

I suggest to use jigdo files. So you can reuse packages from older
image sets.

> I'm not trying to install the ISOs just at the moment; I'm interested in
> analyzing the package metadata for its dependency/conflict graph, among
> other things.  I'm not looking for user-friendly installation

OK. I suggest you look directly at the package files which can be found
in /var/lib/apt/lists after apt-get update. These files contain
dependencies, ... and are only a few MB large.

Since the last generated CD/DVD image is more than 3 weeks old I suggest
to wait for a new set.

> instructions, or pointers to more stable snapshots; I'd really just like
> to be able to grab these ISOs from the testing distro.

Jens