Questions about info from your web-site(s)

Hello,
Developper for years and years, I wrote a tool (another) to convert several
hex files format to others but also from/to company proprietary format.

For ages, I have several documentation including a 20 years old user's
manual DATA-I/O copy I made while beeing student...

Now my tool works properly upon the area I wanted to cover.
I appreciate web site from all of you who I am writing to.
But I am in a fog for one thing.
About Motorola S-Record file format, to send the data-line count, the rules
you explain do not say the same, each other, so something is wrong.

I tried to browse into Motorola WEB-site but did not reach the information,
if you have the exact address, please let me know.

My problem is about the S5 line.
1/ It is dedicated to send the number of data lines (S1 or S2 or S3). That's
clear.
2/ is it using exclusively a fixed size so using a WORD/2bytes/4nibbles thus
max value to be $FFFF ?
3/ S5 record : is it allowing variable size from 2bytes to 4bytes alias
4nibbles to 8nibbles beeing context dependant ?
4/ S6 record is mentionned by  millerp@canb.auug.org.au  but S6 is missing
in its introduction, see general allowed list (S0,S1,S2,S3,S5,S7,S8,S9) ????

   It is the only place wher S6 appears.
    If exists why having a fixed value of 3 bytes/6nibbles, and what happens
if LineCounter overloads $FFFFFF ?
Thanks to give me answers.
Best regards
      Herve GOUESSANT

Hereafter you will find the copy of a mail I sent an hour ago to Motorola.

Hello,
About Motorola S-Record I do have a question on the limit case about the
"S5" counting record.
I have already many info on the S1/S2... file format but on the WEB the S5
is not always treated on the same way.
As I wrote a bridge tool, this question is the very last one before the exe
is launched.
What is sure is that S5 record contains the number of data lines (S1 or S2
or S3).
Some documents mention that the Count size is a WORD (2bytes=4nibbles).
Other documents says :
S5 might be either:
 2bytes=4nibbles or
 3bytes=6nibbles or
 4bytes=8nibbles.
A third people says S5 is used till $FFFF count is reached and above this
value then S6 record is used in place having a fixed 3bytes=6nibbles field.

Who is right ? who is wrong ?
Please tell me.
Best regards
Herve GOUESSANT