buildd.debian.org

Hi folks,

For some time, I wonder where the source code of
<http://buildd.debian.org/> can be found.

Andreas Barth told me there is no licence in the headers of those
files, so they cannot be distributed. Is Debian using close source
code? Can Ryan Murray put those files under GPL, and make them
available? Unfortunately, I know the original author of that code,
Chris Rutter, is dead.

Moreover, the code in those files is not something which is hard to
reproduce, so why not open sourcing them?

Anyway, I refer to the Debian Social Contract
<http://www.debian.org/social_contract> at paragraph 2.

2. We Will Give Back to the Free Software Community
When we write new components of the Debian system, we will license
them as free software. We will make the best system we can, so that
free software will be widely distributed and used. We will feed
back bug-fixes, improvements, user requests, etc. to the "upstream"
authors of software included in our system.

Utopia or reality? ;D

Cheers.
--
((__,-"""-,__))  Aurélien GÉRÔME           .---.
 `--)~   ~(--`   Free Software Developer  /     \
BOFH excuse #160: non-redundant fan failure