Re: Which search system is used in packages.d.o?

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 01:13:01PM +0200, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
>         Hello, guys. I would be interested in the search function at
> packages.debian.org. Mithrandir says that it is a custom thing, but could you
> please give me more information? Is there a copy in a public repository, or
> simply I cannot access packages.debian.org because of gluck being down?
>
>         Thank you very much in advance,

See http://cvs.infodrom.org/packages.debian.org/?cvsroot=debian.de
especially cgi-bin/search_packages.pl. As you might see, it is a
somewhat crude hack of a grep call together with some lookups in
bdb files.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>