Re: RFC: Autodiscovery of RSS feeds also on the front page

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 09:08:17PM +0100, Peter Karlsson wrote:
> In a recent comment[1], there was an underlying complaint that the security
> RSS feeds are hard to find since they are not linked from the front page,
> even though they are linked from the security page. Since the latest DSAs
> are listed on the front page, I think it might be a good idea to provide
> the autodiscovery links (<link> elements in the page header) also on the
> front page (and in the future similar ones for news items).

Sounds good to me.

> However, when I added autodiscovery to the security page, there was a
> complaint[2] about this not "looking good" in Lynx (to which I disagree, I
> think it looks just nice to having them there).

Hmm, looks like lynx should just add a linebreak after each of them...
I don't think there is much we can do about that. (little text browser
survey: w3m seems not to support this at all, elinks makes something
nice out of it)

> So, before I go on changing the front page I thought I'd ask for an opinion
> from the list. What do you think? Should I add the autodiscovery <link>s to
> the front page as well? I am not planning to add visible links to the
> feeds, just the <link> elements so that browsers and other tools supporting
> autodiscovery will find the feeds.

All for it.

Gruesse,
--