Re: RSS for Debian

Nic Ferrier:

> I could easily construct a good news system by parsing the home page
> if you formatted the news lists a little differently, say with span
> tags surrounding each news item or with each news item part of a UL
> list with the list bullet set to nothing.

You shouldn't be parsing the generated HTML anyway, the script should
be integrated with the website build process and use the source code.
Have a look at http://www.debian.org/devel/website/ for how you can
access the source code and build data from it.

We already generate RSS feeds from the security advisories, the source
code for doing this is available along the rest.

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/