Names for two sets of Chinese characters

Dear Sir or Madam,
    I saw in the page of Release Notes in your site[*1] that, the names of two sets of Chinese characters appear in the language list as Chinese(China) and Chinese(Taiwan), respectively. This is not appropriate, if I may say so. The commonly used terms for them are Chinese(Simplified) and Chinese(Traditional).
    Simplified Chinese is used mainly in mainland China, but it is also used in other countries such as Malaysia and Singapore. Also, Traditional Chinese characters are not used only in Taiwan. They are widely used in other regions such as Hongkong and Macao as well as some oversea Chinese communities. Actually, even in mainland China, there are still a small number of people who write only Traditional Chinese characters[*2]. So, marking a character set as "of China" or "of Taiwan" seems to be inappropriate.
    In addition, I don't think the two terms "China" and "Taiwan" are comparable. Despite that most, if not all people in mainland China and a part in Taiwan consider Taiwan as a part of China, the word China itself appears in the covers of passports issued in Taiwan[*3]. So in my opinon, China is a vague term when used with Taiwan. If one wants to refer to the the area currently administered by the government of the People's Republic of China except Hongkong and Macao, the term "mainland China" would be a proper choice, despite that this may include other islands of China, like Hainan.
    Thank you for reading this E-mail.

Best Regards,
Jianglong Nan

[*1] http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/releasenotes
[*2] A survey in December 2004 showed that this number was 0.95%, much higher than I thought.
[*3] You can see the words "Republic of China" appeared in the covers of passports issued by the Taiwan government. The Republic of China was founded in 1912 and its government was the sole legitimate government of the entire China including Taiwan before 1949, when its ruling party lost the civil war and retreated to Taiwan.