Debian web sites and content negotiation

[Please CC me as I am not on -www]

Is there any possible way to have pages on the Debian website set a
cookie if the user explicitly selects a language and then continue to
use that language as long as the cookie is valid?  I ask because
occasionally I will get annoyed by the website when I start reading a
page and switch the language from Spanish to English, only to follow a
link on the page and have the content renegotiated to Spanish.  I
apologize if this has been brought up before.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto