/mirrors/sponsors.list breakages

        Hi!

 I noticed that the Mirrors.masterlist contains 8bit characters. So far,
so bad: Data from there is extracted and put into sponsors.list and
official_sponsors.list through the mirror_list.pl script and the
resulting *.list files are used plainly in the
{official_,}sponsors.XX.html files, which are encoded in different ways,
which currently at least breaks the japanese page (slightly -- no panic,
please!).

 The file seems to be encoded in iso-8859-1 currently:

#v+
$> iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8 Mirrors.masterlist > /dev/null
$>
#v-

 So, what to do? patching mirror_list.pl is required for HTML output
anyway. Leave the file in iso-8859-1 and use
HTML::Entities::encode_entities() on the output, or change the file to
utf8 and replace all the 8bit characters with their &#; representative?

 I am willing to provide the patch, but I don't want to patch in a
direction that is most propably going to need tweaking RSN again.

 So long,
Alfie [yes, I'm still living :)]
--
Wenn du schon auf den Mund fallen musst