Re: Problems with rss-feed on mainpage

Jutta Wrage <jw@witch.westfalen.de>
> 1. The feeds are not really two alternate views ot that page, what
> the alternate header fields make assume.
>     application/rss+xml title "RSS 2.0" for _all_ headings as RSS2.0
> feed in the index page would be one [...]

It is an RDF Site Summary (RSS 1.0) and not a Really Simply Syndication
(aka RSS 0.92 or 2.0) feed, isn't it? Quite rightly too: it's great
that debian supports the richer, more open and standards-based format.

As a sometime lynx user, I agree that having RSS in the title
would be nice. I disagree with your main point: they are
alternates (as security announcements do appear on the page),
and they are marked clearly as security advisories in the titles.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef), Lynn, England, to email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/