Who's using Debian?

1. SRON: Netherlands Institute for Space Research
2. Organization type: non-profit
3. Homepage link: http://www.sron.nl
4. SRON uses Linux extensively throughout the organization, running webservers, fileservers and (scientific-) desktops.

We've consolodated on Debian GNU/Linux for it's stability, ease of administrating, slow release cycle and overall software compatibility. Apart from the technical reasoning, there is also the political and structural: Debian is non-profit and non-commercial. It cannot be bought or sold and therefor we expect it to stay around for a long time to come.

We have about 60 linux-workstations, of which 30 are running Debian. Serverside, we have about 20 running Linux, of which  15 Debian. Our goal is to switch all Linux and Solaris machines to Debian.

Warmest regards,

Maarten Verwijs, GNU/Linux Systems Administrator at SRON.

--
Maarten Verwijs <m.verwijs@sron.nl>