Who's using Debian?

Hi:

La Voz de Galicia, newspaper at the norwest of Spain (Galicia)

My branch is a regional newspaper (aprox 100.000 units by day) you can visit at www.lavozdegalicia.es

Actually we have about 30 servers running Debian (Woody and Sarge) for 800 workstations and for about 50.000 internet users by day. The standard configuration used is Debian, apache and Tomcat. We develop applications and web services in that arquitecture.
Really Debian apports stability, easy configurations and a low invest in hardware. The last is not the most important, because we buy new hardware for Debian but there are some systems in 2000's hardware (even laptops) without problems. The performance is very important but is not only a fix for Debian....either for the software that you install over it.

Best Regards.

J.Miguel Silva Gayoso
Jefe sistemas, tecnología y redes.
Corporación Voz de Galicia