Re: Donation

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 01:19:25AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 08:09:09AM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:

[...]
> Does anyone know if this gentleman ever followed up?

I don't know; however, I'm not sure the offer for a donation was
sincere.

There are quite a number of people requesting "Link Exchanges" all the
time on -www (presumably to falsifyingly increase their Google
PageRank). Debian does not do this, for very good reasons, and most such
requests aren't even answered anymore.

Recently, people have started to offer donations in exchange for links
on our site. From the tone of those mails, and the sudden silence on
receival of the rejection to list a "backlink", which happens almost
every time, I'm afraid most of these prospect donators are really only
interested in the backlink rather than in the donation.

Of course, there may be exceptions; but I don't think we should go after
him and remind him of his offer, or anything.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond