Re: ping the mirrors team

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

> Feel free to make a change and announce it. I never saw an
> announcement that on July 1, the mirror submission form would
> automatically file bugs. I don't oppose to this, but I certainly
> oppose to it "just happening".

Most web site changes aren't announced further than -www and this
was mentioned there too. Sorry if you missed it.  I have updated
webwml/english/mirrors/submit.wml to make consequences clearer.
I misread the text of that page when I reviewed it before. Oops.

This is not a loss of privacy, because maintainer email addresses
were already on the web by another way (cvs.debian.org). I don't
know whether that change was announced and it's older than my work.

If people think it's worthwhile, I'll announce the state of the
mirrors pseudopackage in a few days. Might help find more help.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/