Re: ping the mirrors team
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: ping the mirrors team
- From: MJ Ray <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:11:36 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] E1E2SxEemail@example.com>
- In-reply-to: Your message of Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:50:46 +0200 <20050809105046.GA20296@cirrus.madduck.net>
- References: <20050719063058.GA25979@cirrus.madduck.net> <42DE482C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050720130437.GA15885@piper.madduck.net> <E1E2EiHemail@example.com> <20050809083925.GA10533@cirrus.madduck.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050809105046.GA20296@cirrus.madduck.net>
martin f krafft <email@example.com> wrote:
> Feel free to make a change and announce it. I never saw an
> announcement that on July 1, the mirror submission form would
> automatically file bugs. I don't oppose to this, but I certainly
> oppose to it "just happening".
Most web site changes aren't announced further than -www and this
was mentioned there too. Sorry if you missed it. I have updated
webwml/english/mirrors/submit.wml to make consequences clearer.
I misread the text of that page when I reviewed it before. Oops.
This is not a loss of privacy, because maintainer email addresses
were already on the web by another way (cvs.debian.org). I don't
know whether that change was announced and it's older than my work.
If people think it's worthwhile, I'll announce the state of the
mirrors pseudopackage in a few days. Might help find more help.
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/