Re: A list of broken mirrors (fwd)

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Done. However this is probably my last time doing something like this
> in a while. We need some fresh blood to maintain the Mirrors.masterlist,
> including being proactive instead of reactive about finding breakage and
> communicating with mirror operators. And not just CD mirrors.

Active checking will probably wait until we've got the known bugs
looking more sensible or there are more helpers.  Per Marker
Mortensen and myself have been doing some of the legwork on
the bugs filed against the mirrors pseudo-package. I'm happy
to continue. Please can the mjr login be added to the webwml
group so I can patch the file myself, please? (...and if you're
editing LDAP anyway, can my name be corrected, please? cn to MJ
and delete mn, update gecos to match)

Would someone in the debwww group apply a patch (I'll write)
to the submit-mirror cgi to make it open a wishlist bug on
mirrors instead of emailing mirrors@ please? Let me know.

Good going on the fixes. Just one query:

[...]
> > ftp://ftp.bittivuoto.net/iso/debian/
> Mirrors.masterlist comment notes it only accepts comments from .fi. Left
> it in, although unless there's some good reason such as no other finnish
> mirrors, I think we should remove it.

Why? Won't most of its users be from .fi?

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/