Who's using Debian?

Name of organisation: Arc-Team, Italy/Austria
Organisation type: scientific/commercial
Home page link: http://www.arc-team.com
The members of the Arc-Team (5 archaeologists) run Debian and some other GNU/Linux distributions on 3 PC's and 5 Notebooks (Our whole system). We've installed Grass-GIS, different CAD's, some applications for virtual reconstruction, statistics, GPS and survey data management, databases (MySQL),... We use it primarily because we're trying to introduce Open Source OS and Open Source applications to the archaeological research. Besides we want to spread there the philosophy of free software and free data exchange.
In short, why do we use Debian? Because we want to be free!!!

--
Rupert Gietl
ARC-TEAM "Archaeology & Open Source"

ruppi@arc-team.com