Re: troubles with debian's image

Jaime Labra Soto wrote:
> i have a problem with the images of debain, i download like 4 debian for
> ia64, in thiferents ways
> ftp, torrent, the official release by http etc. But when i burned the
> image into a cd-rw the miage dont boot, y try in a cd-r and dont boot only
> happen in images for ia64 other images boot very well, please ask me what
> is the problem i want debian for ia64 to install it in my amd 64 please
> thanks

I don't know why so many people seem confused about this, but ia64 and
amd64 are completly different and incompatable computer architectures.
If you want debian amd64 images, you can download them from the same
page that links to the ia64 images, and they'll even work on your
hardware..

--
see shy jo