Problem with Jigdo

Greetings,

Just I note to make the observation that the Jigdo process does not work under Windows XP. The files download (e.g. http://us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/current-cd/jigdo/i386/woody-i386-1_NONUS.jigdo and http://us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/current-cd/jigdo/i386/woody-i386-1_NONUS.template ) , but non of the expected other files are ever created. At the end of the download process there is an error message in the command prompt window stating some thing like:

file skipped http://us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/current-cd/jigdo/i386/woody-i386-1_NONUS.template no such file or directory.

This problem is mentioned in the jigdo FAQs, but the suggested resolution (decreasing file path length) does not work. I repeated the entire process to a folder off my root and same error.

It would be helpful to make people aware that if they try the jigdo process on Windows that they are probably wasting their time.

Best wishes,

Elfman

Home of Elfman on the Internet
http://www.theelfman.net