Debian's trademark policy [was: www.debian.at]

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 08:25:54PM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:56:20PM +0200, Robert Krenn wrote:
> > Unter der Österreichischen Web Adresse http://www.debian.at meldet sich
> > seit einiger zeit kein Debian Mirror, sondern die EUnet Page, ist das
> > bewusst oder ein Fehler?
> >
> > Under the Austrian URL http://www.debian.at i come, since any days
> > always to the Page of EUnet, and not to the Austrian Debian Mirror, is
> > it an Error, or is there no longer an Austrian Mirror on this adress?
>
> That site isn't in the list of mirrors.  I've forwarded this report to
> leader@debian.org, since I think they've been working on a trademark
> policy to clarify what to do with this type of problem.

Noted; thanks for passing this along!  I'll add this to the list of domains
about which we need to figure out a course of action.

Please note that John Goerzen (SPI President) and I have both asked the SPI
Secretary to put a state-of-the-trademark-issue item on the agenda for the
May SPI Board meeting[1].

SPI Board meetings are open to the public; I urge anyone interested in this
issue to attend.

[1] http://www.spi-inc.org/news/2005/20050301

--
G. Branden Robinson