Re: Source of bugs.debian.org web interface?

Hello Matt

On 2005-02-16 Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 02:59:35AM +0100, Christian Hammers wrote:
> > I don't like the current bugs.debian.org web interface and would
> > like to write an alternative bug viewer.
> >
> > (Not a replacement for the lynx-compatible official one just something that
> > some people might prefer. With colors, tables and javascript, you know...)
>
> I'd prefer you use CSS for styling the page, but since you're doing
> the work, it's your choice.

My design-idea.html alreay makes heavy use of CSS :)

> > Is there a way to get the results of a bug query as machine readable
> > input? I.e. has the current pkgreport.cgi a hidden switch to generate
> > RSS or XML output or are the bugs stored somewhere as files or in LDAP
> > so that I can access them myself from e.g. people.debian.org?
> > I do not seem to have ssh access to bugs.debian.org.
>
> You can retrieve the bug logs in the mbox format.  For example,
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=275909&mbox=yes

Err, no, I don't want to reformat the bug page itself, I want to reformat
the result of the bug "overview" where my 88+ bugs are displayed, i.e.
   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=ch@debian.org

So the easiest would be if I could just make a "pkgreport2.cgi" which copies
all the query code but then displays the results with a different function.

I just fear that you won't let put my scripts onto the official server that's
why I hoped to get a good idea from you. Else I will have to "parse" the HTML
that pkgreport.cgi returns.

bye,

-christian-