Re: Question about norwegian language link

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz:

I don't know Norwegian at all, and found this confusing. To me, either the bokmål part is wrong and shouldn't be there, or the pages should use the nb langcode. Which is it?

Both. We do actually support both the old "no" code, which means "Norwegian, any form", and the new "nb" code which specifically means "Norwegian, bokmål form", using the "no" code for the official links.

The code "no" can be used for both of the two Norwegian forms (bokmål and nynorsk), which is why ISO 639 recently disambiguated it into two codes, "nb" for the bokmål form and "nn" for the nynorsk form.

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/