Re: Who's using Debian

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:19:13 +0530
Vihang Dudhalkar <vihang007@gmail.com> wrote:

> Name of Organization- Department of Space Sciences
> Parent Institution       - University of Pune
> Country                     - India
> City                           - Pune
> Organization type       - Educational
[...]

Would you mind if I posted the entry in a version edited a bit than the
one you re-submitted?  My edited version:

"Why do we use Debian? - I think Debian is one of the most stable Linux
Distributions available.  And it's so easy to install packages on
Debian. Anyone can do "apt-get install gtypist". What's so difficult? I
think, if you don't want pure Debian, you can always try Knoppix.

We have every PC working on Debian (except one which is on Windows ... I
really don't know why :) ).  We are basically using Debian in a small
cluster of eight nodes for running MPI applications using MPICH. Most of
the things work out of the box."

In the above I primarily fixed some spelling, removed a "coz" and the
Knoppix version number (it won't be 3.7 forever :-) ), moved two
sentences around to fit our format, and some other minor editing.

Any objections?

--
Regards, Kaare - <http://www.nightcall.dk/>