Re: languages sorting in bulgarian

24.01.2005 о 15:59 +0200 Rumen Krastev написав(-ла):
> Eugeniy Meshcheryakov writes:
>
> >24.01.2005 . 14:48 +0200 Rumen Krastev .......(-..):
> >>I guess that, these lines are responsible for the sorting...
> >>I remember before year (maybe) that, suddenly the sorting changed to
> >>correct behavior (without my intervation), after that, it revert it's
> >>previous state..
> >>So I guess with little effort we can fix this, it would be nice if
> >>bulgarian translation have proper sorting :-)
> >>I hope somebody will tell me how can I fix this...
> >
> >The sorting order depends on locale. For Bulgarian language you have
> >CUR_LOCALE=bg_BG in .wmlrc . It is CP1251 locale but you use UTF-8 for
> >translations. So sorting order is incorrect. Russian pages are in KOI8-R
> >encoding and use ru_RU.KOI8-R locale, so sorting order is correct for
> >them.
> I had such feeling :-)
> So, I should change the CUR_LOCALE to bg_BG.UTF8
> ?

If version of locales package in woody supports that locale. It does not support
uk_UA.UTF-8 for example, so sorting order in Ukrainian pages is
incorrect too :(.

--
Eugeniy Meshcheryakov

Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University
Information and Computing Centre
http://icc.univ.kiev.ua