RFC: Autodiscovery of RSS feeds also on the front page

Hi!

In a recent comment[1], there was an underlying complaint that the security RSS feeds are hard to find since they are not linked from the front page, even though they are linked from the security page. Since the latest DSAs are listed on the front page, I think it might be a good idea to provide the autodiscovery links (<link> elements in the page header) also on the front page (and in the future similar ones for news items).

However, when I added autodiscovery to the security page, there was a complaint[2] about this not "looking good" in Lynx (to which I disagree, I think it looks just nice to having them there).

So, before I go on changing the front page I thought I'd ask for an opinion from the list. What do you think? Should I add the autodiscovery <link>s to the front page as well? I am not planning to add visible links to the feeds, just the <link> elements so that browsers and other tools supporting autodiscovery will find the feeds.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2005/01/msg00191.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2004/12/msg00299.html

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  I do not read or respond to mail with HTML attachments.