Re: Acutes, graves and entities

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 13:59 +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> Hello,
>   I get a lot of requests to add things like books and CD vendors where
> the names have those funny (to someone who reads English) things like
> acutes, graves and tildes.  The problem is they often can get mangled
> either by me or just the process.
>
> What's the best way to send these things for the Debian website?
> Should it be something like é or é  ?
>
> Is there a good URL for these things that I can point people to?

For example: http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/entities/

Also, the W3C and Unicode Consortium provides much information about
this. The above URL is quite practical, though. A Google search for
"HTML character entities" will also give you a good number of resources.

Cheers,
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>