Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by jseidel: webwml/spanish/vote/2002/platforms raphael.wml

Jens Seidel:

> Must there really a translation-check header in all files except the
> original? Without this in spanish and english I obtain:

Since there cannot be more than one original, all translations should
contain a valid translation-check header, yes. This is to make sure
outdated translations can be tracked properly. If the original is not
English, then the English file should contain a translation-check with
"original" set to the language it translates.

> $ ./check_trans.pl -q spanish
> Unknown status of spanish/vote/2002/platforms/raphael.wml (revision
> should be 1.12)
>
> That is exactly what I expected.

This means that the check_trans.pl cannot tell what the status for the
translation is. It usually is an error. Perhaps it should be worded as
an error message, it's just that it cannot tell whether it is
spanish/vote/2002/platforms/raphael.wml that is missing the header of
it it is english/vote/2002/platforms/raphael.wml that is.

> I always assumed that the original language is English unless it is
> specified by original="spanish" in the translation-check line.

Yes, of course. But without a translation-check line altogether, the
file is considered the original version, and not a translation.

> Please note that the revision number in spanish/vote/2002/platforms/raphael.wml
> was completly bogus:

Well, then it should be fixed to include a proper revision number.

> Maybe you want to add
> #use wml::debian::translation-check translation="1.1"
> when you expect a valid header but I will not do this.

I periodically go through the translation statistics looking for
missing translation-check headers like this and add the proper headers,
yes.

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/