Re: Patch debian-www with css

Am Sonntag, 12.12.04 um 03:28 Uhr schrieb Frank Lichtenheld:

Looks good. I think the padding could use another increase, though, to
make the menu entries easier to distinguish.

Can you be a bit more specific? Padding between main entries? Padding between subentries? Padding between last subentry and next main entry? Padding between Main entry and first sub entry?

The reason for my last decision;

Not having too much menu length and empty room for those using large fonts, but keep it readable for everyone. I am not sure where the compromise can be.

Beside that, I have now an example for the cards used the devel section and elsewhere.

Can you please compare the next two URLS:

http://www.debian.org/devel/index.en.html
http://www.witch.westfalen.de/debian/dwww/devel/index.en.html

The second one is much shorter in code and does not need card.wml. In addition it is easy to create a menu, to jump to the specific cards directly from top of page. Writing card pages could be made easier using macros.

I will do an example with menu in german language (de).

Another question: How is the tree validated normally (including link-checking)? I use the validator and tidy on ready pages. But would be easier if validatiing was included in "make" or "make install".

cu

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de