Re: DMUP violated? / Proposal: devel/website/using_cvs.wml

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 11:19:49AM +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> OK, this seems to have been quite an unfortunate start for me:
>
> as CVS allows people to work independently and in the scope they
> prefer I saw no reason not to commit my first changes in small
> blocks to make sure I solely change what I intented to change, i.e.
> I fixed a spelling error in the english page and bumped the
> translation-check header in all applicable translations using the fine
> smart_change.pl, then committed this small block.
> I knew about the debian-www-cvs mailing list but thought this is
> acceptable, after all the system is set up for many changes.

Thanks for your commits. It's rare that people who fix typo keep thinking
at translators; thanks.

> Apparently it was not acceptable, and at least one person was / is
> seriously annoyed by the amount of similar messages coming in,

As far as the French team is concerned, I am forwarding any commit
related to the French directory to our mailing list. Yesterday, when I
saw that you were doing commit I simply disabled my script, so that
debian-l10n-french did not get 'flooded'

As was written in an earlier message, debian-www-cvs is a very high
volume list, people who cannot put up with such amount of messages
should simply unsubscribe.

Thanks for your work,

Cheers,
--