Re: DMUP violated? / Proposal: devel/website/using_cvs.wml

Hello list, hello Denis!

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 12:32:29PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Unfortunately things have already happened and as the very same person
> > has used the term "abuse" please check whether I have violated the
> > DMUP
> [...]
>
> This is how people work together in Debian: they believe that they have
> to refer to documents instead of giving some rationale.

I'm afraid I'm unable to grasp what exactly you mean by this, sorry.
Could you please clarify?

> So yes,
> changing all files with a single commit (or few ones) is much better,
> but this is not a big deal.

After the recent experiences I made I agree, fewer commits are better.
Whether this is a big deal or not seems to be controversal...

> Your patch is not very clear, at first reading I thought that you were
> telling to combine spelling mistakes with content changes, which is of
> course wrong.

Of course that would be wrong. What would you like to see improved? To
me all appears quite clear, but that certainly shouldn't be taken as
the base for any reasoning. :)
BTW, the <P> (instead of <p>) and the missing closing tag are
intentional, I tried to follow what I saw in that file (even though
the usage of <P> versus <p> is slightly inconsistant, but this will
all be taken care of when the pages move to XHTML one day).

Cheers,
Flo