Re: [Manual] installer-manual on the website (was: release plans for website?)

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 04:11:50PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 10:55:38PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Is there any plan for how the web site update will be handled for
> > sarge's release? Besides just switching the names and links to sarge,
> > I've been looking at what parts of the web site will need updating for
> > the new installer and other missing bits. These include:
> >
> [...]
> >  - sarge/installmanual: doesn't exist. One possibility is to link to the
> >    sarge install manual in the debian archive on a mirror, which is
> >    updated whenever the images are updated. I don't know how the woody
> >    install manual is imported into the web site so maybe however it is
> >    manage is better.
>
> This is how the installation manual was handled for boot-floppies (i.e.
> potato and woody): The sources where checked out from the
> boot-floppies CVS and were build locally.
Whatever final web page should look like, I really looking for the web
page with URL reactivated:

  http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/installmanual
  http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/releasenotes

This can be even a short sentence stating "it is not available on web but
only as package."  We seem to have simply removed them after woody release.

Osamu