Re: Which does "A" in "DSA" mean, "Alert" or "Advisory"?

Hi,

From: Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@ist.org>
Subject: Re: Which does "A" in "DSA" mean, "Alert" or "Advisory"?
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:14:17 +0200

> > I also changed "SuSE Security Alert" to "SuSE Security Announcement".
>
>  Where? Have you checked if that naming was correct at the time of the
> writing? I guess they call it even differently these days, because they
> are now SUSE and not SuSE anymore, too. I guess we shall stick with the
> naming that they used at the time of the writing....

Here is the page linked as "SuSE Security Announcement" from
security/1999/19990330.wml (Previously "SuSE Security Alert").

     http://seclists.org/lists/bugtraq/1999/Mar/0216.html

This page has a title of "Bugtraq: SuSE Security Announcement - XFree86".

The page contains a PGP-signed message which include a title of "SeSE
Security Announcement" (though I have not validate the sign), thus I
guess it is not likely that the page was modified later.

I have not checked further.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/