Re: going round and round and round the website trying to find info

Il Thu, May 06, 2004 at 06:24:06PM +0100, Ric Hardacre ha scritto:

> i'm trying desperatley to install debian on a clean system from scratch.
> i downloaded and burnt two cds but it wont install because it thinks a package
> is corrupt. so i want to try network install. the "network install" www
> page
> only actually links to cd images to download. well i've already got a bootable
> cd. it doesnt

Hi Ric,

The actual Debian system is called Woody and is numbered 3.0. You may find
all needed information about how to install it in the installation manual
available at http://www..debian.org/releases/woody/installmanual

I can't remember if Woody is installable via the network, but maybe you
may want to try our 'testing' version that will be our next stable release
and that include a "network install", i.e., a small ISO that include an
installation procedure that will automatically download from the network
all required files. (The procedure will suggest you a list of hostname
from where to fetch the files; the procedure know about the correct paths).

If you want to try the new installer, please see

Bye,
Giuseppe

--
 () ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
 /\                       - against ms attachments